Win a Free Family Pass to the SAICFF!
Have fun creating a 30-60 second video promoting the new book, Pajama School – stories from the life of a homeschool graduate.
Family Pass to the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival on October 28-30, 2010 OR Admission to the Advanced Specialty Filmmakers Bootcamp in February, 2010 (details will be added as soon as they are made available by the SAICFF).
- The content must be clean and appropriate for all ages. No profanity, immodesty, or crudeness.
- The footage must include a copy of the book, Pajama School – stories from the life of a homeschool graduate. Specially discounted books (50%) may be obtained for this purpose by entering the code: promo when checking out at http://sibropublishing.com. Please note: only 25 books are available at this price.
- All videos must comply with current copyright laws, as outlined by the U.S. Copyright Office (http://www.copyright.gov/). By entering your video in this contest, you certify that you own the copyright to all material in your submission. Videos found to be in copyright violation will be disqualified.
- While entrants in the Pajama School Promo Video Contest retain ownership of their submissions, by participating in the Contest entrants also grant to the contest organizers (Pajama School and Advent Film Group) license to copy, edit, distribute, and display videos at their discretion and in any format or medium.
- Your promo video must be no less than 30 seconds and no more than 60 seconds in length.
- Upload your promo video to YouTube. The description may be anything you like, but must include this sentence: “This promo video is for submission in a contest sponsored by http://pajamaschool.com and http://adventfilmgroup.com.”
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- Your mailing address
- Your phone number
- Your website, if applicable
- Link to your YouTube video submission
- The contest will open for submissions on midnight U.S. Central Time Tuesday, September 1, 2009.
- All submissions must be received by midnight U.S. Central Time Friday, October 30, 2009.
- Submissions will be limited to no more than three (3) per family.
- A panel of judges will select three (3) finalists from all entries submitted.
- Promo videos will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Effectiveness (How likely is it to convince the viewer to purchase the book?) – 20 points
- Creativity and Originality (Is it engaging and memorable?) – 10 points
- Visual production quality – 10 points
- Sound production quality – 10 points
- All decisions of the judges will be final.
- The three (3) finalists will be announced and posted on the Pajama School Blog on Tuesday, November 10, 2009.
- Voting will be open to the public until midnight on Tuesday, November 24, 2009.
- The finalist receiving the most votes will be declared the winner, and will be announced on the Pajama School Blog on Wednesday, November 25, 2009.
- George Escobar, Founder, Advent Film Group (Producer of Come What May)
- Julia Camenisch, Founder, EyeReach Productions
- John Moore, Producer, The Widow’s Might (2009 SAICFF “Best of Festival” Jubilee Award Winner)
Even if you don’t participate in producing a film, you can be entered in a drawing for a great giveaway package by helping spread the word about the contest! The giveaway package will include a copy of Pajama School, a DVD of Come What May, the soundtrack for Come What May, and a $25 gift card for the store of your choice! Just visit the Lights, Camera, Action! blog post to enter.